Re: Europa-List:Transponders

Subject: Re: Europa-List:Transponders
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:02:48

I was always given to believe that RF from transponders was fairly potent
stuff but im no expert and I dont know how it compares to mobile phones or
comms radios.

I guess it depends on your definition of continuously but for my money a few
milliseconds of transmission every 2 seconds adds up to a significant amount
of RF energy. Its not continuous but must add up to quite a bit. Comms
transmission on the other hand would amount to a couple of minutes per hour
for most of us.

But if you say transponder antennas are relatively safe then I guess you
know what you are talking about.  Fortunately no amount of RF is going to
affect me in the parenting department - I had the snip 30 years ago ! - and
the grand children are someone elses responsibility.

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS