RE: Europa-List:Transponders

Subject: RE: Europa-List:Transponders
From: nigel charles <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:03:15
I would suggest as low as possible in the rear fuselage but away from
metal parts such as the flap crosstube. I have mine on a bracket on the
join of the fuselage halves on the starboard side. In most cases it is
OK but some ATC units have problems receiving a signal when I am flying
towards them (particularly if they are in the 11 o'clock position) which
infers screening from the engine. I intend moving it at the next
opportunity.

Nigel Charles