Re: Europa-List: AAIB vs NTSB reports of Europa events

Subject: Re: Europa-List: AAIB vs NTSB reports of Europa events
From: Steve Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:22:47

Ira
As a first reponse to your e-mail I would say, from a cursory glance at the
AAIB web page, that all 216 incidents do not relate to Europas (some are
commercial aircraft so why the search engine picked these out.........???).
I would also say that there also appear to be some duplications or follow up
reports to earlier reports so I do not think that the statistics are
accurate.
Nevertheless there are many reports and, again from my QNG (quick nervous
glance) the relevant reports of Europa incidents do appear to have been
accurately picked out from the AAIB and put into the Europa members site.
Why there is a numerical discrepancy between the AAIB and FAA site is beyond
this readers knowledge.
Regards
Steve Pitt