Europa-List: AAIB vs NTSB reports of Europa events

Subject: Europa-List: AAIB vs NTSB reports of Europa events
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 06:31:26

I just had the opportunity to search the AAIB site for Europa events
and to contrast the metadata with the NTSB data I am familiar with.
By metadata, I am referring the size and rough outlines of the data,
not specific content.

As of today, there are 216 accidents in the UK data and 5 in the US.
I know the Europa has been in the UK longer by 4 or 5 years out of
perhaps 12 and there are approximately double the number of AC
in the UK.  Those facts alone seem inadequate to explain the 40:1
accident ratio.

Is the AAIB far more sensitive to inclusion in events? There are quite a
few prop strikes and ground loops, but these would be included in the
NTSB if any damage occurred.

Does anyone have an explaination or hypothesis?

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: