Europa-List: periscope depth..

Subject: Europa-List: periscope depth..
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:49:51
After something like 4 years absence, thought I'd pop my head up and
announce. back on the Flyer Europa taildragger build. Despite being
sidetracked by restoring an Auster, moving to Somerset, setting up a new
workshop, and getting into a flying bathtub (AE 100) rebuild, progress has
been made.

The main gear attachment structure is now bonded in (the piccy shows the
outer webs before bonding) and a little more glass, and a carbon strap let
into the skin between the legs, and it's complete... and that will be the
end of all the structural work.

The BRS parachute project has been abandoned (anyone want a new BRS1500?)
and the plan is to build a plain vanilla (VFR, fixed pitch) aeroplane.

all the best

Miles