Re: Europa-List: Undercarriage Not Retracting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Undercarriage Not Retracting
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:18:20
I assume the distance between the rubber block upper and lower reaction
plates is correct - ie: 133mm. If it is too small, the undercarriage
will not retract fully or lock in place.

The most likely suspect is that the swinging arm bearings have been over
tightened. If they are too tight you will need to insert shims between
the bearing shells to loosen them up.

You dont say if the retraction mechanism ever worked or if the aircraft
is flying.