Re: Europa-List: Locating CS14 brackets

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Locating CS14 brackets
From: Keith Hickling <keithhickling@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 14:08:08

Fred,
Further to Brian's suggestion of heating to remove the bolt through the
spar, it is probably worth mentioning that the current manual also points
out that it is often necessary to modify the position of this bolt after
bonding in the cockpit module as things seem to move a bit during this
procedure causing the spar bolt for W16 to come slightly out of alignment
with the CS14 bolt. I had to reposition it, but fortunately had not floxed
it in. So it might be a good idea for you not to flox it in again until
after you do the final alignment with the wings rigged.

Regards,
Keith Hickling,
New Zealand.