Europa-List: Locating CS14 brackets

Subject: Europa-List: Locating CS14 brackets
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:55:24

I am in the process of "Mounting quick-connect bellcrank brackets in
cockpit module".

I note on p.14-5, Step 10, a requirement for utilising the W16
bellcrank pivot holes in the spars...on p. 14-4 the manual mentions
removing the W16 bolts "as you'll need the holes when jigging up for
the brackets to support the fuselage mounted quick-connect bellcranks".

Unfortunately, way back on p. 8-11, my manual calls for the
counterbored holes for said bolts to be filled with flox over the heads
of the bolts...consequently, I cannot remove them.

I've since learned from Roger @ E04 that the manual has been revised to
alert builders of the need to defer floxing in the W16 bolts until much
later.

Tentatively, I'm thinking to get a short length of tubing and thread it
to receive the W16 bolts and then using this as a coupling to the 1/4"
threaded rod which the manual calls for to be check-nutted to the CS14
bracket...hopefully, when this is all threaded together it will signify
that the CS14 bracket is in its proper location.

I'm wondering if others have faced and dealt with this situation and
would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks much...Fred A194

--
believed to be clean.