Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 / rough running

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 / rough running
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 21:12:19

Gert

On the inlet side of the electric fuel pumps, there is a fuel strainer
screen. It can be removed by using a pick or probe and gentley pulling out.
If you have not cleaned this screen, the fuel flow gets obstructed at higher
rpm's and the engine will miss.

I just hade the same problem, however the missing started at about 5300
RPM's. below that the engine ran smooth.

Jim Brown
N398JB