Europa-List: propeller optimization

Subject: Europa-List: propeller optimization
From: Dwayne McAllister <dmac11@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 12:32:02
I spoke with a gent at Warp Drive who explained that with the short
blade's used on the europa, the blade pitch angle needed for higher
speeds can be greater than optimal causing turbulance near the tips.

He told me they can modify the blade near the tips to alleviate this
problem and pick up 5 or 10 kts. He also said it would be better for the
europa if one used the 912 gear ratio (2.27:1) rather than the 914(
2.43:1).

Has anyone tried the constantspeed blade planeform from Warp Drive? or
used the 912 gear ratio on the 914? if so was performance improved?

Dwayne McAllister

dmac11@telus.net