Re: Europa-List: 914 Turbine clearance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Turbine clearance
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 07:34:07

Ron

The turbo bearings are lubricated by engine oil under pressure when engine
is running.  I suspect that the bearings, since the engine is new, do not
have any oil in them. I think that the bearing clearances will tighten up
once the engine is run.

If you have the 914 maintenance manual, you will find the wear limits on the
turbo in the back of the manual.

Jim Brown