RE: Europa-List: Trailer caution

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Trailer caution
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 20:47:17

Hi! Ferg
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, you must be "gutted".  Just for the
record my wing carriers are made of spent conveyor belting lined with
carpet attached by heavy duty upholstery glue. I don't tie the wings
down but the carriers are about 12"/15" wide thereby spreading the load.
However since my trailor weighs in, loaded, at about 3 tonnes and has a
double axle linked weight transfer suspension nowt bounces! I do think
though that to spread the load is very relevant since it reduces the psi
point loading on the wing.
They are also fixed laterally by the pip pins through the spar holes.
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG