Europa-List: Re: Tire change

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tire change
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 09:44:11

I am with Karl in tire changing technique.
I have a nicely primed and painted 1" steel bar about 18" long to slide
inside the axle.  Several steps but not hard.  An actual trigear jack point
would have been a nice design feature.

Its time, after about 70 flight hours to replace my main tires again.
I've been using new Goodyear Flight Special II tires and these prime
tires last fewer than 400 landings on concrete, both sides losing outboard tread
at a prodigious rate.

I wish there were a practical fix to this design "feature" as it is a bit
pricey.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: