RE: Europa-List: Ducati inverter-regulator

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Ducati inverter-regulator
From: nigel charles <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 07:47:16

The recommendation for long life reliability is to keep the continuous
load to a maximum of 11 amps. Even with a fairly comprehensive panel I
find that with the low current draw of modern avionics this is not a
problem. However the load certainly increases rapidly if you include
lighting other than strobes. The amount of cooling you will be adding
may well make the difference but you may wish to check whether you
really need a 20A capability in the cruise. Even a NACA duct adds
significant drag.

Nigel Charles