Re: Europa-List: Warp Drive propeller blades

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Warp Drive propeller blades
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:25:38

Phil
it's the power absorption. The tapered blade matches the power output of
the 912, so allows the engine to develop enough rpm for the power needed
for take oiff and climb..
912S & 914 need more blade area to absorb the power. Tapered blades will
over rev too easily. Tapering a broad blade is maybe the cheap way to do
it, they can use the same mould for either then cut to suit. My guess
anyway.
Graham

flyingphil2 wrote:

> Hi,
> I've searched this forum to see if I can find the answer but I can't.
>
> So, can anyone tell me why on the 62" Warp Drive ground adjustable propeller,
tapered blades are recommended for a Rotax 912 and broad blades are recommended
for a 912S and 914?

--
Graham Singleton

Tel: +441629820187