Re: Europa-List: trimmed too much flap flange

Subject: Re: Europa-List: trimmed too much flap flange
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:45:56
Andrew,

I recommend you combine this fix with fillling the void to make the tip end
"square" (not protruding flanges).  See attached sketch,
illustrating how to make up for the too large cut-off at the same time.

I did this on the ailerons (with cut-out for the control rod and bolt at
root end) and the adjoining part of the wing tip.  Also the tip end of the
flaps, as well as the tip end of the anti-servo trim planes and the
adjoining part of the horizontal stabilator.  This looks much nicer than the
flanges protruding out (IMHO), and adds very little weight.

If the flanges on the other surfaces are already cut to the correct
clearance, cut back a little more to allow for the bid plies, filler and
paint.

Regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ