Europa-List: Re: Tie Wraps, Airventure, SnF Blog

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tie Wraps, Airventure, SnF Blog
From: europa flugzeug fabrik <n3eu@oh.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:45:08

irampil@notes.cc.sunys wrote:
> 2) Re Airventure. Fred, I don't know when you were last there, but I go every
year.  I grew up in NYC and live there now, so I know a million people at a time
when I see them.  Osh on a good day does indeed in my in the flesh opinion
has a good 200 - 400 thousand people present.

I've been to OSH a number of years, including recently.  Also spent 40+ yrs as
a tax accountant; there's much detail in EAA's IRS tax filings, which are public
record.  If EAA's "attendance-day" numbers were accurate, then almost $10
million
in admission charges have annually been embezzled by somebody for many
years.  EAA also has periodically published demographic studies of the average
attendee, one done by a local University -- % of attendees who are pilots,
aircraft
owners, and EAA members.  If their published attendance "estimates" were
accurate, then the majority of pilots and aircraft owners in America go to OSH
every year.  Yet the average distance they travel is less  than 400 miles.
And over 100% of worldwide EAA membership cannot possibly be on the field on
any given day of the convention.

Fred F.

Read this topic online here: