Re: Europa-List: broken leg

Subject: Re: Europa-List: broken leg
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:51:21

Jos
I wonder if the nylon (I think it's 6-6 but could be wrong) could have
recrystallised at very low temperatures? Hard to imagine it should.
Factory did a lot of research in the early days and did break some but
under considerable load. I saw legs bent level with the ground on our
aircraft when Pete Clarke was agressively taxying it prior to first flight.
Graham

josok wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> We (Wife and i) were moving the plane back on the trailer, when the port
> outrigger
leg just snapped in two. This kit has not moved very much yet. There was
no visible damage to the leg. The painter painted those legs too, with the
standard
paint the factory has. Could that have caused some change all through the
material, or is this just a bad batch? Have these massive nylon bars broken
before just by hand-moving? Good days (yesterday) and bad days (today) come and
go :-)

--
Graham Singleton

Tel: +441629820187