Europa-List: Fw: Rotax 912s Benchmark Performance

Subject: Europa-List: Fw: Rotax 912s Benchmark Performance
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:19:20
 Greetings All,

I have been interested for some time in developing a set of performance
data for the Rotax 912s
as installed in my Europa Trigear.  This information, provided in the POH
of all certificated
constant speed propellor aircraft is sadly lacking from Europa or Rotax
manuals.

I am enclosing the static performance data at sea level on a standard
pressure day for my engine.
The aircraft is chocked and not moving. At some point soon I hope to add
the data including TAS
airspeed at 3000, 6000, 9000 feet density altitude.  NM means not measured
because I thought
higher power would jump my chocks!

Hopefully this data will allow us to make informed choices for MP and RPM
settings for speed or
economy, etc.

At this point I would appreciate comments on the data and methods, etc.

Cheers,

Ira   N224XS