Re: Europa-List: 914 servo init

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 servo init
From: Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:35:58

The servo motor will make a slight buzz noise as it waits for the TCU to
start telling it something to do! You wont hear it when the engine is
running! The servo is likely  fine.There are instructions for setting the
cable and waste gate in the installation manual. Switch on the TCU, the
servo motor runs with waste gate closed, slacken the adjustment screw on
servo cable support(located at turbo where cable first attaches to turbo)
and turn adjustment screw until wastegate is completely closed, proper
pretensioning of the servo cable is achieved by turning the adjustment screw
by one complete rotation.
All this is done at the factory in the course of the test run for the engine
but if disconnected it could be off. Hope this helps.

Jerry