Re: Europa-List: A Long Pin

Subject: Re: Europa-List: A Long Pin
From: Hans J. Danielsen <hansjd@online.no>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:09:20

Raimo,

I had the same problem. I made a "pig-dick" out of Redux/flox and put it on
the tip of the flap-pin (thick mixture).I made it into a cone and after cure
sanded it smooth. Bevare not to sand the pin itself, though. I roughened and
degreased the very tip of the pin before applying the mixture. After
lubrication the pin - with plenty of lubrication - hits the hole before the
wing pins enters. The bearing orientates nicely on the pin and rigging goes
effortless. The cone is ca. 2.5 cm long.

Hope this helps.

Hans