Europa-List: A Long Pin

Subject: Europa-List: A Long Pin
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:06:55

All

Do you have any idea where to get
a long pin to install to the root of the
flap? I mean about  inch longer than
the standard pin which is about 1" long.

Or is it any way to make the original one
longer by lenghtening it some how?

My purpose is to change it just to aid rigging.
I have some difficulties to rigg the port side wing.
The bearing in the flap cross tube turns away
when the pin try to go inside. Finally when rigged,
all is just perfect and the flaps moves 27 degrees.

I think when the pin is longer, it could go in more easily
(before those wing root fore and aft pins).

I found  some talkings about this topic.
It was on the forum 13/3/2002. Somebody had exactly
same problem. Andy D wrote the bearing should move
only 5 degrees. Is that really so? My bearing is turning
VERY easily 360. I tied to contact him (PFA) but did
not get any comment (I am a PFA-member).

Any other ideas to solve my rigging problem?
My port side wing takes one hour to go in - stbd side one minute.

Regards, Raimo
==========
Raimo M W Toivio

OH-XRT Europa XS Mono #417, completed
OH-CVK C172 Skyhawk, under reinterioring
OH-BLL Beechcraft C45, w radial engines (grounded)

37500  Lempaala
Finland
tel + 358 3 3753 777
fax + 358 3 3753 100