Re: Europa-List: fiberglass cloth

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fiberglass cloth
From: Bob <bberube@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:09:03

Most of the cloth used on the Europa's sold in North America was the Rutan
Cloth.  To my knowledge every composite kit manufactured in the US that has
wet layups uses the Rutan cloth , BID as well as UNI.

As Graham mentioned, a number of years ago there was another supplier other
than Aircraft Spruce and Wicks selling BID.  It was not approved for
aircraft and finally put out of business.  If you order from Spruce or
Wicks, you will get the correct BID.

Spruce part number for BID:  RA7725
Spruce part number for UNI:  RA7715

Bob Berube