Re: Europa-List: Re: What epoxy should I be using

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: What epoxy should I be using
From: Matt Reeves <mattreeves@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:08:49
I DID have a nasty reaction to SafeTPoxy which was before AeroPoxy so I don't
know
about AeroPoxy but I DO KNOW that JEFFCO is awesome stuff.  Yes, you do have
to wear all the safety stuff BUT it doesn't stink hardly at all and it is almost
a blue/greenish color instead of that nasty brown that looks ugly.  JEFFCO
has a slow and fast hardener.  I recommed slow (1/2 hour) so you will have
time to do what you need to before it hardens to a friggin ROCK.  AWESOME stuff
- I swear by it - and built an entire Lancair slow-build to prove it and NO
REACTION - of course I always use long sleeves and gloves and it does sand nice
with micro bubbles and cabosil but if you use flox, it is NOT so nice to sand
because FLOX is not a surfacer - more of a filler.

  Matt Reeves
  Rochester, NY

SteveD <Post2Forum@comcast.net> wrote:

I use aircraft spruce and Areopxy. Keep the old stuff for non-structural things.
I've been using West system for fill and finishing I find it sands easier.
Epoxy is nasty stuff and you can build up a allergic reaction. Wear gloves and
don't touch the stuff with your hands, I can't stress that last point enough.
After a friends Cozy and my Europa I'm on the epoxy limiter...

Chat Later,
Steved

[quote:4c7a6c2e5b="airEupora"]
I have been going though all the parts that came with the kit (A210) and I have
four gallons of Aeropxy Resin PR2032, batch Y1898 with three Qt cans of RH3660,
batch Y1901. Unopened still sealed. I believe it came with the kit in 2001.
I have heard that it has shelf life of 4 to 5 years. I asked John about it and
he said to buy new stuff. Do I buy the same epoxy or is there some other epoxy
that I should be looking at. I'm planning on going to the EAA school in a couple
of weeks. So I can learn the right way.

Do I buy it from Aircraft Spruce or is the a better place?
[/quote:4c7a6c2e5b]

Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

Be a PS3 game guru.