RE: Europa-List: Paint

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Paint
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 07:29:11
Hi! Troy
I used CA 40,000 by Pro-Desoto International Ltd. ...In the Uk they are
at "Sealands and Coatings", Darlington Road, Shilton. Tel 0044(0) 1388
772541
(or more correctly the RAF used my supplied paint for me!) The Aero
Industry use this paint extensively and I was given to understand that
Air France used it exclusively 7 years ago. It must have a good "key"
surface though. They are a little difficult to deal with though
..usually supply to "big" customers!
I had a Sales Rep mobile number  Ian Toole 0044(0) 777 814 0567 but he
may have moved on by now.
Google UK puts them as a subsidiary of PPG Industries California.
Mine is an excellent hard gloss finish needing only washing for
maintenance. The "key" surface is very important though otherwise you
just may get the occasional osmosis bubble, and any base coat pin holes
will need "ragging".
Regards
Bob Harrison. G-PTAG (awaiting Rotax 914 first week in April and
Woodcomp Scimitar SR 3000 soon after!)