Europa-List: Paint

Subject: Europa-List: Paint
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:01:13
Hey Folks,
I know this has been talked to death but here goes anyway. I have decided I
can fill, prime, and sand til doomsday or just paint it. I think I have
gotten it reasonably smooth but have ended up with NOT a complete covering
of Polyfiber UV Smoothprime in the process. I am determined to go no further
with the sanding portion to remove anymore or put anymore on now that it is
smooth. But will someone give me a definitive formula of primers (epoxy?)
and paint combinations, including brands, potion numbers etc, that will act
as a UV blocker and give me a glossy, repairable/upgradable paint job that
can be color sanded (by someone else if desired) but not requirred, to get
the "wet look"? I hope this makes sense. I guess in a nutshell, can I get UV
protection from the finish process, not relying on a partial coat of UV
smooth prime?
What about the shop in Lakeland that did so many Europas? I know they
preferred no pre-priming at all. What products did they use? Can anyone tell
me the details of their mix? They sure made Bob Berube's plane sparkle.
Cast your vote here.

Troy Maynor
N120EU Europa Monowheel Classic
Left to finish:
Paint,(some) interior,engine install, (some) wiring.
Weaverville, NC USA