Re: Europa-List: Flying to the UK

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying to the UK
From: John Dean <john@greenleas.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:11:12

According to my reading of AN52 it says that foreign registered homebuilts
must apply for permission to fly in the UK but Appendix 1 exempts EC
homebuilts from the need to do so providing they comply with a few
conditions as follows:-

(a) The aircraft shall not be flown over any assembly of persons or over any
congested area of a city, town or settlement.

(b) The aircraft shall not be flown for the purpose of public transport or
aerial work.

(c) The aircraft shall be flown only in accordance with daytime Visual
Flight Rules.

(d) The conditions, limitations and restrictions applicable under the Permit
to Fly or equivalent document issued by the State of Registry shall be
observed.

(e) The aircraft shall not remain in the United Kingdom pursuant to this
exemption for more than 28 days in any one calendar year.

(f) Prior to each visit to the UK, the aircraft owner shall provide to the
CAA the information specified in Schedule 1 to this exemption.

(g) The owner of the aircraft shall ensure that the documents specified in
Schedule 2 to this exemption are available for inspection by the CAA on
demand when the aircraft is in the UK.