Europa-List: Rotax Engine course

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax Engine course
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:41:23

Hi Everyone
Following the advise given on this forum a little while ago I attended the
Lockwood Rotax engine course in Sebring Florida last week. Let me say here
and now it's the best money I have spent in a long time. I learned so much
about the engine that I simply did not know before. I can now carry out
most light maintainance and repair tasks with confidence. I have learned
how to check if my engine is fitted with the 30 degree dog clutch and how
to check it's wear and serviceability. I am able to check the compression
and balance the carbs. I know how to strip and clean the carbs and rebuild
them with new parts if required together with a whole bunch of other
stuff. But most of all I hope I am now able to spot signs of trouble
before they become expensive problems. I really do recommend everyone
attends this course if at all possible. There is a possibility they may be
running it at Sun n fun so that would be a great place to attend. I have
no affiliation with Lockwood or anyone there,other that John Hurst who now
works for them 9it was good to catch up with him again). I just want to
pass on a great experience. see you all at sun n fun hopefully.
Cheers

alan