Europa-List: Corrosion Proofing

Subject: Europa-List: Corrosion Proofing
From: flyingphil2 <ptiller@lolacars.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 22:30:05

Hi,

I'm starting to work through all the metal parts and am thinking about corrosion
proofing.  I've been advised to use Zinc Chromate on aluminium parts and Zinc
Oxide on steel parts which makes sense.  Hard anodising has been suggested to
me and a search on this list reveals all sorts of other options.  The Zinc
Chromate
option sounds great but I realise that I may be dead from it before I
get the plane built!

So, a lot of people on this list have aircraft that have now been flying for a
while.  Can you tell me from experience what has worked and also what you
consider
to be best for the plane and indeed the person applying it!

Thanks,

Phil

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org