Europa-List: Dodgy Tacho?

Subject: Europa-List: Dodgy Tacho?
From: MJKTuck@cs.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 22:19:14
Hi Folks,

I have noticed on some flights (but not all) that I can be happily flying
along at 5,000 rpm when the UMA analogue tacho pointer catches my eye as it
drops

to maybe 3,000 rpm., hovers for a bit, moves around a bit, then resumes back
where it should be. Of course the engine carries on working just fine while
all this is going on. I was planning on installing a UMA LED digital tacho
thinking it maybe the instrument. It could I suppose be the sensor at the engine

end.

Any thoughts on what it might be - and anyone had any experience with the UMA
LED 2 1/4 in. digital tacho? Any other recommendations out there - needs to
be 2 1/4 inch dia. instrument though.

Regards,
Martin Tuck
N152MT