Re: Europa-List: Damping grease for nose gear

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Damping grease for nose gear
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:50:26

Svein,

It's in the manual, I believe 20 pounds.
I found the best method is by trial and error. For testing, I pulled the
aircraft by the prop in a slalom line, and it should follow easily. Then a
full power taxi run down the runway. If there is shimmy, tighten it a bit
more etc. . I don't use special grease and I don't think the pressure on my
wheel is more than 3 pounds. Makes taxiing in tight circles so much easier.

Karl

http://www.msn.txt4content.com/