Europa-List: Thoughts on rudder trim needed?

Subject: Europa-List: Thoughts on rudder trim needed?
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 02:48:50

Our Monowheel XS with a 914 and Airmaster has both short and long wings.
Will have servo trim tab for roll on both.  Will fly short first for a
while.

I was wondering if I could get opinions on rudder trim.

Is it worth it to install inflight adjustable trim?

Or is it possible that somehow we managed to build an airframe where both
sets of wings would need no rudder trim? Flies straight in thermal soaring
mode with long wings, as well as heavy fast short wing flight.

Or if rudder trim is needed it is more of a fuse thing, and if needed a
double sticky tab is all that is needed and would work on both short and
long, and for the most part rudder trim is just not that speed sensative?

If there was a slight difference between short and long, a calibrated by
eyecrometer bend on tab, or added 1/2 of a flettner strip for a given wing
makes the most sense?

Anyone have an inflight adjustable rudder trim that they think is a great
feature? Like have an airplane that at different speeds requires different
rudder trim and being able to adjust just adds to the pleasure of flyin?
If yes what is dimensions of trim tab you use with how much deflection?

Thx.
Ron Parigoris