Europa-List: Uses for aluminum disks

Subject: Europa-List: Uses for aluminum disks
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:57:41
In a message dated 12/12/2006 2:58:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
europa-list@matronics.com writes:

Hi Ian,

Does  anyone have a use for a number of (just under) instrument size
aluminum  disks?
I made an aileron control lock out of two of the disks. Ease the edges
first, then glue some of that non-slip shelf liner stuff to one side of  each.

Then, a short piece of string or a thin bungee cord between the  two completes
the
lock. Slide the string into the gap between the aileron and  the wing tip or
the aileron and the flap and you have an effective, light  weight aileron
lock. I painted mine orange for high visibility.

I used a hole saw fitted to my drill press to cut out my instrument holes
once the location was established. The radio bay was cut using a jig saw first,

then finalized with a Dremel tool and a fiber cut off wheel. Taping the
surface with masking tape prevents marring of the surface with the jig  saw.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
N245E - Flying - 75.6 hours