Europa-List: SPRL Locking gas caps

Subject: Europa-List: SPRL Locking gas caps
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:45:44
Team,

In this age of $4 a gallon Av gas, I've decided it is probably a good  idea
to install a locking gas cap on N245E. I ordered a locking SPRL cap from
Spruce, since it appeared to be the same as what was shipped with my  kit, but
it
appears that the manufacturer has changed the design slightly  since I took
delivery of my kit in 2002. The old flange won't work with the new  style cap.

Short of major surgery to install a new flange, I don't see a way to  get a
locking cap now that the design has changed.

Anybody know where I can get an old style locking cap? I tried Europa  2004
and they didn't respond to my e-mail. I also tried the SPRL  factory website,
but I don't see the type used on the Europa (old or new).  Spruce's customer
service wasn't any help, either.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN (TN89)
N245E - Flying - 73.4 hours
Jabiru 3300 w/ Sensenich hollow carbon prop