Re: Europa-List: Open canopy

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Open canopy
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 12:57:28
Interesting discussion on the risk of the canopy opening.
One thing I do when I have a young passenger on board is put a
rubberband around the door lever and the protective combing.
Reason is just in case we hit some turbulence and the instinctive
reaction of a young person generally is to grab something to hold.
The rubberband prevents it from moving up and can be broken in an
emergency.
The other thing I have done is to place some stainless steel protectors
on the door combing where the bolts enter to not only protect the
composite from doors closing with the bolts still protruding but also to
assist with a better secure bolts lock when closed. These are screwed
into place with stainless steel self taping screws.

Cheers,
Tim

Monowheel Classic #292  103 hours ZK-TIM

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052