Re: Europa-List: Cooling diffuser

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cooling diffuser
From: karelvranken <karelvranken@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:23:23

Hello Ron,
Yes I changed the cooling air intake and the shape of the cowling on my XS.
At the moment the results are good. But we anyway need a controlable system
for the changing conditions and temperatures. I am working on a dynamic
balanced flap attached to the existing cooling duct aft of the oil radiator
and fitting in the cowling. At the moment it's to early to show what I am
doing because I need more tests and experience in flap control. Something
for long winter evenings. But if the papermen find that this is a
modification needing formulas and engineering reports than I put on the good
old cowling as ugly as it is.
Karel Vranken,  F-PKRL # 447 XS Rotax 912 ULS, Airmaster CSU only 16 hours
and waiting for the papermen's final certificate.