Europa-List: Airport survival

Subject: Europa-List: Airport survival
From: John & Amy Eckel <eckel1@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 11:43:21
I have and unusual subject for the forum.

We are going to loose a local airport, N75, in New Jersey, USA and we
are fighting to keep it.
The airport is being sold because the owners can no longer afford the
taxes and the local towns
are planning to buy it for sport fields.

A proposal has been made to the town to make the property a combination
airport and playing
fields.  They have agreed to look into this option so we are hopeful.
What I would like to know is if anyone has ever seen such a combination
and how successfully they have operated together.

Thank you,
John Eckel, A230