RE: Europa-List: Circuit Diagram - Issue 4

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Circuit Diagram - Issue 4
From: Mike Gregory <m.j.gregory@talk21.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:25:26
Don't worry: I was referring to Issue 4 of the circuit diagram as published
in the XS builders' manual page 25-11 in the year 2000.  This same diagram
now appears in the current builders' manual and is marked Issue 1.  The
original Issue 1 from 1996 had covered the Rotax 912 only, and issues 2 and
3 appeared in the Europa Aircraft News in 1999 to cover the Rotax 914 with
its need for a second electric fuel pump.  Issue 4 was then provided as the
definitive circuit recommendation and has remained unchanged, although the
page on which it is printed was Issue 1 of the combined manual.

I apologise for any confusion caused by my referring to Issue 4, but some
people may still be flying Europas that incorporate circuits from the
earlier issues.  Please remember that the diagram as currently presented is
only a recommended basic circuit, and people should feel free to modify it
to incorporate other features in accordance with good aircraft electrical
engineering practice.  However, quite a lot of thought has gone into its
design, and the fact that it has been unchanged for six years suggests that
the principles adopted were sound.

Mike

Europa Club Safety Officer

  _____