Re: Europa-List: Low price 914 ( < Before the top goes on)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Low price 914 ( < Before the top goes on)
From: Gilles.Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 18:05:57

Vaughn,

> Does anyone know where I can obtain a reasonably priced 914?
> *
> *

I'm afraid such a thing doesn't exist ;-(
The 914 is awfully expensive, but really performs as advertised. And I'm
not aware of any owner willing to change, except if something went wrong.

I would be wary of any second hand 914 with unknown history.
A friend of mine bought a used 912 from a French ultralight dealer.
After some trouble, the engine appeared badly corroded within. To make a
long story short, it seems the engine had made a plunge into the sea and
was left unattended for some years, before being sold to my buddy.
So caveat emptor...

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France