Europa-List: Incident Board on Classic

Subject: Europa-List: Incident Board on Classic
From: Ross <rhyndman@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:30:04

Gentlemen, I have built the wings for the 'Classic' and have fitted
incident boards as per the build manual.  These are used to set the wing
incidence when installing the wings on the fuselage and then the wing
root pin sockets are installed to fix the wing at the same incidence.
I would like to start filling the wings before installing the wing root
pin sockets so the incident boards are in the way.   I notice that the
XS has another method for aligning the wing on the fuselage which uses a
spirit level on the template that was used for fitting the flaps.   Has
anyone used the 'XS' method instead of the 'Classic' method for wing
root pin sockets installation and if so are there any problems by doing
this?

Ross
Classic, wings, flaps, ailerons, tailplane, rudder and some of the fuselage.