Re: Europa-List: Brake Linings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Brake Linings
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:22:12

R.C.Harrison wrote:
> <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
>
> Hi! Jeff Just realised I have a set on my bench......
> The part no. is 06-16956 Rapco Brake Lining # RA66-106
> Loc: 19A You require 4 No. total but you need a special
> punch and anvil but could probably make them. Regards
> Bob Harrison
>

> I'm placing an order with ACS and would like to ask if
> anyone knows which brake linings are used with the
> tri-gear.  Any help would be appreciated...
>
> Jeff - Baby Blue 223 hours

Be advised that the ACS "set of four" part RA66-106-4K
comes with shorter rivets 4-4 and you need the longer ones
4-6 (or 06-02300). Also be advised that two RA66-106-4K
are cheaper than one RA66-106-8K. SILLY :-)

You need 12 but at $0.03 I would buy a few more !

For the reference of English readers I have just returned
---From the US from where I brought a whole box of goodies !
I will list everything I have as spares in case any are
needed by listers. (For example I have two sets of brake
pads, and rivets, and I also have the rivet replacing
tool). I am not planning to compete with E (2004) but ...

However having flown overnight with no sleep it will be a
day or two before I deal with it ! (or the 1000 mails that
awaited me).

Richard back to blighty after flying a Cardinal (C177B -
wings in the "wrong place") but itching to get back into
G-OWWW.