Re: Europa-List: Tailplane Torque Tube

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailplane Torque Tube
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:22:50

On Monday, October 23, 2006, at 04:05 PM, Jim Butcher wrote:

> Recent inspection has revealed excessive play in our port tailplane.

> The problem is play in the torque tube pin. We incorporated Mod 62
> (larger pins) during our build so that=92s not an option.

Jim,

Sorry to hear of your problem, but grateful for your bringing it to our

attention. I can't comment on your proposed solution but admire your
calm approach to solving it. Please keep us posted. Does the use of
tapered pins assume future adjustment, or will the tapered pins "self
adjust" in the event of future wear?

Fred
A194 (grateful that my top's not yet bonded onto the canoe)