Europa-List: 200hp EA81 now on website

Subject: Europa-List: 200hp EA81 now on website
From: GLENN CROWDER <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:30:40

  The Ram Engines 200 hp EA81 is now on Rams website.  I have been in email
contact
with the San Diego builder who is installing this engine in a Europa mono
planning out his
cooling system.  This engine is only running 6 lbs boost with the Rotrex
supercharger and does not need an intercooler.  Thats good because I have no
idea where you would put one in the
Europa!
  At cruise rpm (4600), rated power is 148 hp and 156 ft/lb torque.  200hp
and 210 ft/lb
torque at 6000 rpm.  Total weight claimed is 155 lbs, thats without exhaust,
cooling system or redrive.  Ron uses Rotrex's smallest charger at 6.4 lbs!
This will probably swing something like
a 64 x 74 3 blade I'm guessing.  I'm thinking climb rate should exceed 2500
fpm at sea level!
  I have Ron starting on a new dual port 150 hp NA engine that will have a
complete roller
cam and rockers that will run on pump gas or 100LL.  A complete roller cam
setup should be
good for 15 hp over my current regrind cam with no more heat generated.
This will use the
RWS redundant fuel injection with dual ECU's.  I want to use an Ellison
Model 3 TBI as the
throttle plate with the fuel still attached to the TBI so in an emergency, I
can shut down
the MPFI injection and switch to the Ellison for a complete standby fuel
system.
I will retain the dual Electroair ignitions that I have now as they have
been faultless.  I have a dual battery system with fault detection that
switches over automatically in case of low or high
voltage.   Thats the plan till next week when it will change again!

                                                         Glenn