RE: Europa-List: banjo fitting

Subject: RE: Europa-List: banjo fitting
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 08:31:35

"As I understand it (I haven't removed a banjo from the regulator), the
copper washers go between the head of the banjo bolt & banjo and between
the banjo & regulator.  They do not go on the AN portion of the fitting.
Supposedly, these copper washers are one use only.  You can not re-use
them.  So if you remove the fitting for any reason, new copper washers
are required."

That's correct. The copper washers have a small indent in them,
presumably to act like a lock washer, and they are specified as one time
use only. I suspect that Europa 2004 have them in stock as they are part
of the fuel pressure sensor kit they are now selling for the 912/914
engines.

Incidentally, if anyone want to interface the UMA pressure sensors used
with the kit to an Engine management system I have a table showing
voltage output vs indicated pressure.

Tony