Re: Europa-List: Ultimate Ventilators

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ultimate Ventilators
From: SteveD <Post2Forum@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 05:27:32

Photos of the Ventilators:
http://www.europaowners.org/UVentilator

I decided to add the ventilators high like in the photos I took at
flightcrafters
in 2001 ... I think. The photos don't look like that builder added any
reinforcement.
I wasn't that brave, so I thought I'd and a layer of the Kevlar I had
laying around.
I drilled the whole on the starboard side cleaned and trimmed and did the kevlar
lay-up. The out side skin was thick and needed to be ground down in spots and
evened out.
When I drilled the whole port side the outer skin was one ply thick tops and in
spots only jell coat, a fairly large chunk of glass / jell just cracked and fell
off.
I sanded off the coating on the port side and I'll lay-up a little reinforcement
later.
So putting the ventilator in a slightly questionable spot was actually a good
thing
for me.

I noticed the recess after I cut the first whole. So I think I'm stuck with it.
After I did that it looked to me that one could cut the larger whole on the out
side skin. A smaller odd shaped on the inside and have the vent flush with
the out side skin. ... just a thought.... But I'm sure if I apply the five day
rule I be happy with what I have.

5 Day Rule. Walk away don't look at it for 5 five days. When you look at it
again
in 5 days if it still bothers you ... Fix it. Sometimes you're just to close
to something while working on it and you see every flaw.....

Chat Later,
Steved

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org
http://www.europaowners.org/viewtopic.php?p=12801#12801