Europa-List: Ultimate Ventilators

Subject: Europa-List: Ultimate Ventilators
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:40:03
In a message dated 9/27/2006 3:44:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
europa-list@matronics.com writes:

Hi Jos

Decided  that these would be the ventilators for me. Although i have a deep
rooted
distrust to anything that is called perfect or ultimate  :-)
But:
Although there are countersunk screws supplied with the unit,  there is no
thread
in the holes. There remains also a small gap between the  valve and the body
of the unit. The ventilaters are unpainted, blanc  aluminium. Do i have some
rejects
or is this normal for these ultimate  articles?

I have Ultimate Ventilators installed in N245E (and also in my  Citabria
N9529S) ) and I love them! Aside from the price they are really great  additions

and provide excellent ventilation.

I installed mine on either side just below the panel, essentially where  most
folks install the crappy plastic NACA vents. I used the holes left by
mounting the fuselage into the cradle and enlarged them to fit the UV's. This

location gives a nice blast of air from your kneecaps to your face, even  when

idling on the ground.

Mine were also unpainted and there was a slight gap between the outer ring
and the "valve". I think this gap is to allow for paint. I bonded mine in  with

Redux, but you could use the screws provided if you tap the body or you
could do both.

I gurantee you are gonna love them!

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN
N245E - Flying 37.0 hours - Should bust my 40 TODAY!