RE: Europa-List: FW: Flying is good!

Subject: RE: Europa-List: FW: Flying is good!
From: GLENN CROWDER <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:52:13

Hey Steve thats fantastic!
  On my mono, 18 lbs tire pressure turns it into a C172 for landing.
Anything more and it
turns into a squirrely ass POS!  I really think it has a lot to do with
outrigger height off the
ground.  If you always get the tailwheel down first, then the wing is done
flying and the
outriggers will be closer to the ground as the wing is no longer flexing up,
allowing less
shenanigans on the roll out.   My outriggers just barely touch the ground
sitting on the tarmac with no load.   I find too that with a passenger, the
outriggers are even lower and landings are a
yawner.
                                              Glenn