No Subject

Subject: No Subject
From: Richard Schultz <Rschultz5@houston.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:17:23
Those still interested in the results of my 914's loss of power while
returning from Oshkosh. The root cause was an inadvertent rubber cap being
left on the Rotax static port. It was installed during sanding and painting
and still had the remove before flight tape across it when found. I have now
put several hours on the airplane and tonight took it up to 10,500 feet for
2 hours over a nearby airport to be sure the engine was regulating the
pressure correctly from the turbo unit. All seems to be fine and I am
growing in my comfort level with the aircraft once again. Figure another
"local" cross country flight and I will be ready to head back out and start
joining the fly-in crowd once again.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions and advice!

Rich Schultz

N262AE

Houston, Texas