Re: Europa-List: Wing Walk Tape

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing Walk Tape
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 07:28:22

Steve,

One of the nice things about building our own aircraft is that we can
introduce the small personal touches here and there:

Instead of wing walk tape, which I fear will accumulate dust and dirt over
time (the purpose is to put your shoes on it, right?) I bought two suitably
sized pieces of dark blue anti-skid table cloth (like very open knit, made
of synthetic material) at a boating store, sewed a one inch wide piece of
red baggage strap to them, with the other end of the strap tied inside the
luggage bay.  Easy to reach from outside to put in place for entering the
cockpit, and impossible to forget to take in before take-off because you
cannot close the door with the red strap hanging over the lower sill.

When parked, the entire white wing shines white.

Best regards,
Svein