Europa-List: Flying on Salt

Subject: Europa-List: Flying on Salt
From: Thomas Scherer <thomas@scherer.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 22:10:12
Just to report about the last flight of N81EU ...

I was asked by a German motorcycle team who was participating in the
Bonneville Salt Flat Speed Trials 2006 to fly the Camera team. Took my
magic carpet to Wendover Airport in Utah / Nevada and landed on the Utah
Salt lake. This basically is a 35 * 35 mile runway of flat salt. Fitted
a TV camera to the elevator and flew 17 times off the Salt. What a ball
!

Later in the day I flew the National Geographic team for the new land
speed record (the bike was faster than the Europa at 375 Mph ...)

Hope the images comes through.

be well - happy landings !

<Thomas, N81EU>

35 Mile runway - 5 miles wide. How is that ?!?